Director of Finance and Functions at the California Council on Science & Technological know-how (CCST)
How to Use
Remember to submit a deal with letter and resume to [email protected]. The deal with letter really should be site 1 of your resume and despatched as a person PDF. The letter should particularly outline the factors for your interest in the position, your unique abilities and knowledge instantly relevant to this posture, and how you acquired about the task option.
California’s most pressing general public plan issues demand options that interact the State’s incredible research and innovation company. CCST is a nonpartisan nonprofit developed via the California Legislature in 1988 to supply goal guidance from California’s leading scientists and investigate institutions on policy troubles involving science and technologies (S&T). Regardless of California’s prosperous mental money and long tradition of crafting potential-experiencing procedures, structural boundaries avoid its policymakers from readily accessing the S&T abilities in investigation establishments resident in the point out. CCST functions with a assortment of govt, study, and philanthropic associates to construct extra agile, inclusive, and impactful S&T advisory frameworks elevatepolicymaker awareness of the S&T contributions of California’s investigate establishments and foster a a lot more diverse and inclusive community of S&T-savvy policy leaders.
The pillars of our organizational identification, our core values of support, independence, and partnership are anchored in our foundational commitments to variety, fairness, and inclusion.
- Support. We are pushed by a motivation to use science and technological innovation to inform California’s public insurance policies for the benefit of all We recognize priorities and we respond when called on, connecting scientific and specialized experts throughout our diverse community with policymakers to support our associates fulfill their missions.
- INDEPENDENCE. We are nonpartisan and nongovernmental. We are not beholden to the views or agenda of any singular institution or political system. We are trustworthy brokers of the awareness and perspectives of a broad assortment of experts and communities.
- PARTNERSHIP. We thrive on collaboration, creating long lasting and inclusive relationships with academic, study, governmental, philanthropic, and other communities. We leverage the collective toughness of our partners to satisfy our mission, working across institutions, experience, perspectives, and geography.
Director of Finance and Operations Occupation Responsibilities:
CCST is at a pivotal minute in its history as an group as we increase our workforce, renovate the way we deliver our science advisory services to California, and implement a range, equity, and inclusion (DEI) lens to all of our operations and programs. Guided by CCST’s new strategic plan, the Director of Finance and Functions will enjoy a vital position in our future stage of advancement. As the Director of Finance and Functions for CCST, you will give oversight for the organization’s main business enterprise functions, like finance and accounting, human methods, and IT for a workers of 12 as perfectly as 15 CCST Science Fellows. You coordinate with Insperity, the specialist employment organization that administers CCST’s positive aspects, payroll and human assets, as nicely as direct the operate of the HR and Bookkeeping Associate. Earnings and forecasting oversight features making sure precise thirty day period-end and 12 months-finish close and reporting, providing ahead-searching financial direction and examination, controlling funder contracts, overseeing gift processing and day-to-day transactional accounting, and collaborating in conferences with organizational leadership to supply insights and info to support enterprise conclusions. In addition, in this position you will present leadership for total company operation features, with the focused support of the HR and Bookkeeping Affiliate.
Money Management & Reporting
- Perform monthly and quarterly monetary dashboards which includes improvement and calculation of suitable fiscal details, ratio evaluation and monthly economical reviews, speaking effects and analysis to Executive Director on a standard basis.
- Offer suggestions primarily based on expense designs and monetary examination – precisely about profits on contracts and revenue streams.
- Participate in management crew meetings, presenting fiscal insights to help in building enterprise selections.
- Watch funds balances and conduct income move projections and arranging.
- Prepare economic info such as funds, spending plan-to-real checking, agreement and grant needs, and other money dashboards required to guidance the total strategic approach, taxes, and audit demands.
- Control funding contracts and make sure that money reports needed by funders are delivered in a timely vogue.
- Oversee the gift processing function, guaranteeing precise earnings recording and timely reward acknowledgements.
- Provide input to agreement growth and oversee deal administration such as office place lease arrangement.
- Oversight or preparation of month-end shut and monthly, quarterly, and yearly fiscal statements and functioning experiences, together with audit, Expenditure Management Committee and Board reporting.
- Serve as employees guide to the Board Finance Committee and Financial commitment Management Committee.
Transactional Accounting: Oversee the get the job done of the HR and Bookkeeping Associate
- Oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable capabilities.
- Oversight and unbiased assessment of payroll operates (as a result of a 3rd-party provider).
- Oversight of accrued go away balances.
- Oversight of all credit rating card receipts and regular monthly reconciliations.
Human Assets and Functions
- In coordinate with Insperity, the experienced employment group that administers CCST’s positive aspects, payroll and human resources, guide the response to all of CCST’s HR needs.
- Guidance eyesight of the business by major initiatives that superior the office lifestyle, morale, personal improvement, and progress CCST’s range, equity and inclusion (DEI) aims.
- Supply proactive and strategic guidance to notify and oversee all operational facets of CCST’s function including lease agreements, office room and return to do the job programs as very well as any other workspace demands.
- Liaison for 403(b) retirement approach and contributions, professional medical insurance policy and other benefits.
- Preserve up-to-day plan of all workforce.
- Regulate all insurance plan, regulatory and chance administration coverages which include operating with 3rd-bash suppliers, periodic evaluation of fees, and value quote purchasing.
- Guide and oversee CCST insurance policies and authorized compliance with regards to human methods, personnel laws, and nonprofit standing, including updating employee handbook as desired and consulting with third-party HR representatives when essential.
- Oversee and be certain timely completion of personnel testimonials and benefit evaluations.
- Lead staff recruitment, retention, and qualified progress initiatives.
- Make sure a functional workspace and engineering for all workforce oversee technology upgrades and assure that specialized support is furnished when needed.
A prosperous Director of Finance and Operations will consider creatively and do the job collaboratively with the CCST management staff to implement CCST’s new strategic approach and achieve CCST’s bold targets. The Director will provide profits and operations leadership and insights to the corporation. The Director will successfully equilibrium the strategic elements of the role with oversight of the working day-to-day operations, as effectively as make on CCST’s inclusive culture and successfully supply economical and HR advice to management to support in producing small business and staff choices.
Director of Finance and Functions – Necessary:
- 4-year BA/BS diploma (accounting, finance or relevant small business diploma)
- Prior encounter in a income administration position including budgeting, forecasting, projections, hard cash movement, delivering a dashboard of money details to management
- Awareness of Normally Accepted Accounting Rules (GAAP) accounting including economic assertion planning and thirty day period-stop close procedures
- Shown being familiar with of all functions inside accounting and finance department like transactional accounting (accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll) and economic assessment and funds planning functions.
- Working experience establishing and overseeing operational and HR functions of an group including DEI attempts, workers evaluations, lease negotiations, employee handbook enhancement, specialist growth, etcetera.
Director of Finance and Operations – Desired, Not Necessary:
- Prior encounter in accounting for grants, endowments and contracts
- Prior experience operating with California Point out Government Contracts, Grasp Assistance Arrangement contracts (MSAs) or examining massive contracts
- Licensed Public Accountant (CPA), Qualified Administration Accountant (CMA) or MBA
- Expertise functioning with QuickBooks accounting software package
- Experience with 990 tax planning or routine planning
This place reports directly to the Government Director and is supported by an external accounting company and the HR and Bookkeeping Associate.
You will be delivered with a in depth gains package which include insurance policy for you and your family, generous paid time off and employer-funded 403(b) retirement program.
Purposes will be acknowledged right up until the position is loaded. Apps will be reviewed as been given and continued to be recognized until finally July 30th.
The California Council on Science and Technological innovation is an equal possibility employer. We make hiring decisions centered on qualifications, benefit, and our organization’s business enterprise requires. We do not discriminate primarily based on race, color, faith, sex, age, countrywide origin, gender identification, sexual orientation, actual physical or mental disability, veteran standing, pregnancy, or any this sort of standing shielded underneath federal, condition, or regional regulation.