Reselling is a great way to start your online business without having to invest huge sums on initial setup and infrastructure. In the world of web hosting, two popular reselling business models are Reseller Hosting and domain reselling.
Although both work in a similar fashion, they are intended for individuals with different business goals and objectives. If you are also confused about which reselling business to opt for, you are in the right place.
In this blog, we will discuss the differences between the best Reseller Hosting and domain reselling business models. As a bonus, we will also discuss the important steps required to get started with both types of online ventures.
What is a Hosting Reseller?
A hosting reseller, as the name suggests, is an individual or a business that resells hosting resources after buying them in bulk from a parent web hosting provider.
Reseller web hosting is a popular way to earn impressive passive income without dealing with the hefty cost and hassle of starting a web hosting company from scratch. Instead, you can simply find the best Reseller Hosting provider in India, purchase hosting resources, and market them to your customers as the main provider.
How to Become a Hosting Reseller?
- Select a reliable web hosting provider that offers good reseller programs. To make your reseller business more efficient and manageable, search for plans like the best Reseller Hosting with WHMCS. It is a leading billing software that makes running a recurring business smooth and obstacle-free.
- Select a hosting package as per your budget and business objectives.
- Divide the hosting resources and create your own hosting plans.
- Market your hosting plans to your target customers.
- Get your business online by either setting up a website or adding a web hosting service to your existing business.
What is a Domain Reseller?
A Domain Reseller is a business or an individual who has subscribed to a Domain Reseller program provided by established domain registrars. Similar to Reseller Hosting, a Domain Reseller purchases the TLDs (Top Level Domains) from a registrar at a base price and then resells them at their desired price after setting a profit margin and under their own brand name.
As a Domain Reseller, your responsibility is to handle customer relationships, invoicing, and providing reliable customer support if any issues arise in their domain registration process.
The good news is that most reputed domain registrars offer various facilities with their reseller programs like automatic billing, customer support, and so on. This allows you to run a reseller business as smoothly as possible.
How to Become a Domain Reseller?
Following are the simple steps of becoming a Domain Reseller:
- Choose a reputed domain registrar that offers profitable Domain Reseller programs.
- Create your Domain Reseller account and plan a suitable business model.
- Plan for reliable customer support by including API integration.
- Launch your business and market your domains to the end customers.
Reseller Hosting Vs Domain Reseller: Final Words
Now coming to the big question which is a better option between Reseller Hosting and Domain Reseller domains?
Reseller Hosting is a slightly more scalable and profitable option as compared to domain reselling. Know that both are great business models that can be started with a small budget. You can either offer these solutions as add-ons to your existing services or set up a standalone business that resells both domains and hosting services.